This is for everyone new to Oklahoma and those who are just plain not in the know!
1. Everyone playing must select a storm chaser, Val is off limits. When Gary talks to your storm chaser take 1 drink. When we see footage from your storm chaser take 2 drinks. If your chaser says “tornado on the ground” take 4 drinks!
2. Everyone must select a county, Pottawatomie County is off limits. When Gary mentions your county take 1 drink. When we see footage from your county take 2 drinks. If there is a tornado on the ground in your county take 4 drinks!!
3. Take 1 drink when Gary says any of the following:
Hook echo, updraft, metro, doplar, wall clounds, ranger 9, underground, mobile home.
4. When Gary gives a list of counties, take 1 drink for each county listed.
5. Every time Gary interrupts your program take a drink. If he says ” you’re not missing any of …” take a drink. Take a drink when he says “we’ll keep you advised”
6. Take 2 dinks everytime Gary mentions:
Baseball sized hail, Waterloo Rd, Pottawatomie County and Deer Creek High School
7. Take 2 drinks when Gary mentions the folloing towns:
Altus, Burns Flat, Dill City, Gotebo, Hydo, Lookeba, Meeker, Mulhall, Oktaha, Olustee, Shattuck, Slaughterville, Tryon, Vici, Waukomis, Wayne (or Payne), Weleetka, Wetumkah
8. Take 2 drinks everytime Gary talks to Val.
9. Take 3 drinks if we see footage from Val.
10. Take 3 drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.
11. Take 3 drinks if Gary mentions the following:
“Immediate tornado precautions” “National Weather Service” “Mesocyclone” “Portable Radio” “Take shelter” “Tornado warning in effect until…”
12. Take 4 drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.
13. Take 4 drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
“Will someone please answer that phone?” “Do you see power flashes?”
14. Take 4 drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.
15. Finish your drink if someone uses tornado as a verb.
16. Finish your drink if Gary mentions the nearest cross street to you.
17. If Gary says “We’ve lost Val,” pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink!!!
mostly stolen from J.R. Hehnly
If you have gotten to this point and are still standing CONGRATS!! You didn’t get blown away in a twister! And you have one hell of a buzz…. call a cab for a ride home!